Elderbridge in Spencer will be hosting “Ready, Set, Retire”, a retirement preparation workshop. This workshop will be held two separate dates, October 12th and 13th at the Spencer Public Library.
The event will cover multiple facets of retirement and aging including Medicare A, B and D, Medicare Supplements, Social Security information, guardianship, conservatorship, Power of Attorney as well as other aging resources.
The event is free of charge; registration is preferred but walk-ins are also welcomed. All members of the public are welcome to attend.
- October 12, 2016 Schedule:
6:00pm-6:30pm Elderbridge Services
6:30pm-7:15pm Senior Health Insurance Information Program
7:30pm-8:15pm Legal Aid
- October 13, 2016 Schedule:
6:00pm-6:45pm Warner Funeral Home
7:00pm-7:45pm Social Security and Investment Information
- The average American retires at the age of 63
- Average retirement lasts 18 years but can last longer. Higher life expectancies in the future may lead to longer retirements.
- You'll need $1,060,751 in savings if you expect to draw $5,000 per month for 30 years, assuming 6% annual investment returns and 2% inflation. Depending on how much income you expect from your savings, adjust this amount higher or lower to come up with your retirement "number." Forbes Magazine April 2015
1-800-243-0678 ext. 7008